Setting the Battery Type and Charging Profile
- To set the battery type for battery bank 1, hold the B Button for 3 seconds. When the display shows a blinking number 1, release the B Button.
- Next, select the charging profile of battery bank 1 by pressing the B Button to toggle through the profile options: Sealed/Gel, AGM, Flooded, or LFP. To confirm the battery profile, press and hold the A Button for 3 seconds.
Maximum Power Boost
- Maximum Power Boost Technology (MPBT) allows you to override the normal charging algorithm of the solar controller. MPBT is designed to be used before the end of the day, if you know you will require many loads through the night.
- To activate, hold the MAX BOOST Button for 3 seconds. As long as there is full sunlight present, your battery voltage will be boosted to 14.4 VDC for 30 minutes regardless of the battery’s state of charge.
- IMPORTANT: Do not use the Maximum Power Boost function more than twice a day as it could damage your lead acid batteries due to gassing. Sustained high voltages decrease lithium battery lifespan.
- If sunlight is insufficient or not available, completing Max Power Boost may take much longer than 30 minutes from the time of the button press. Max Power Boost and the BOOST icon cannot be turned off by pressing the Max BOOST button
Viewing the Controller Display Information
- GP-PWM-30-UL has two modes to watch the display information, manual and auto scroll. You can change between the two modes by holding down the A Button for 3 seconds.
- To manually toggle between Battery Voltage, Charging Current and Battery State of Charge (SOC), press the B Button.
- You can select the auto mode by holding down the A Button for 3 seconds. The display shows the same information as in Mode 1 but changes the display automatically every 8 seconds.